1 week. 1 life-changing experience.
Being a Big Idea Week mentor means giving back to the community and influencing the next generation of makers and doers. You'll volunteer only a few hours of your time, but will have the chance to make a lasting impact on the students, the school and the community. Big Idea Week seeks STEM (science, technology, math and engineering) and design professionals to volunteer their time.
Big Idea Week 2017 takes place May 15 - 19.
As a mentor, you will:
- Kick off Big Idea Week on Monday by presenting to students at your assigned school about your career and how you solve problems through your work
- Help guide student projects by visiting the classroom during the week as students develop their own big ideas
- Encourage and engage with students on Friday as they present their Big Idea Week projects to their peers, teachers and panel of mentors
- Develop meaningful connections with local educators and students
- Meet other like-minded professionals interested in giving back and supporting their community
What Mentors are saying
In 2015, 40 local professionals worked with 10 schools—and inspired and motivated over 500 students in the process.
Apply to Mentor
Preparing for Big Idea Week
- Mentor Presentation Training Video
- Mentor Guide 2016 (NYC)
- Presentation Deck from April 20th Mentor Training